21 September 2019
Rus
логотип ЛТА
Phone:
+7 (812) 670-92-46
E-mail:
public@spbftu.ru

History

The University was founded in 1803 as Tzar’s Village (Tsarskoye Selo) Forest Institute. In 1811 it was transferred from Tsarskoye Selo to St. Petersburg and merged with the private forest Institute of count Orlov,. It was named St. Petersburg Forest Institute.

In 1813 St. Petersburg Forest Institute was reorganized by joining the Kozel Forest Institute to St. Petersburg Practical Forest Institute.

In 1834 St. Petersburg Practical Forest Institute was reorganized by joining the educational and experimental Lisinsky forestry area of 28 thousand hectares.

In 1837 St. Petersburg Practical Forest Institute was reorganized into the Forest and Boundary Institute, which was transformed into the Forest Academy in 1862.

In 1864 on the basis of Forest Academy there was founded the St. Petersburg agricultural Institute. In 1877 it was renamed St. Petersburg Forest Institute.

In 1902 St. Petersburg Forest Institute was reorganized by joining the educational and experimental Okhta forestry area of about 1.1 thousand hectares.

In 1914 St. Petersburg Forestry Institute was renamed Petrograd Forestry Institute and in 1924  — Leningrad Forestry Institute.

On November 28, 1929, according to the resolution of the 2nd session of the All-Russia Central Executive Committee of the RSFSR (the 14th calling) Leningrad Forest Institute was transformed into Leningrad Forestry Academy. On September 27, 1935,by the decree of the Presidium of the USSR Central Executive Committee it was named after S. M. Kirov.

On 15 October 1953 by the decree of the Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet Leningrad Forestry Academy named after S. M. Kirov was awarded the order of Lenin. It became “the Leningrad Forest Engineering Academy named after S. M. Kirov awarded the order of Lenin”. By the decree № 843 of the USSR Council of Ministers on October 10, 1964 the All-Union Correspondence Forest Engineering Institute and the Academy were merged under the name of the “the Leningrad Forest Engineering Academy named after S. M. Kirov awarded the order of Lenin”.

By the resolution № 50 of the RSFSR State Committee for Science and Higher Educationl of February 11, 1992 the Leningrad Forest Engineering Academy named after S. M. Kirov awarded the order of Lenin was renamed St. Petersburg Forest Engineering Academy named after S. M. Kirov awarded the order of Lenin.

By the resolution No. 597 of the Russian Federation Government Council of Ministers of June 26 1993 the state awards of the former USSR were excluded from the official names of higher educational institutions.

On October 2, 2002 Saint-Petersburg Forest Technical Academy named after S. M. Kirov entered the Unified State Register of Legal Entities under the name of State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education «Saint-Petersburg State Forest Technical Academy named after S. M. Kirov». By the decree No. 1798-R of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 28, 2009 the Academy was reorganized —  the State educational institution of secondary professional education «Saint-Petersburg College of Timber Production Automation» was joined to it.

By the order № 1868 of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation of 27 may 2011 the State educational institution of higher professional education «Saint-Petersburg State Forest Technical Academy named after S. M. Kirov» was renamed Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education «Saint Petersburg State Forest Technical University named after S. M. Kirov».

By the order No. 237 of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation of 18 March 2016 the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education «St. Petersburg State Forest Engineering University named after S. M. Kirov» was renamed the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education «St. Petersburg State Forest Engineering University named after S. M. Kirov».